Log Files

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by kricket, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kricket

kricket Registered Member

How do I print my logged scanned files ??

Thanks, Kricket

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

3. dotxzer0

dotxzer0 Registered Member

Is there a way to disable logging for filtered websites or disable logging in general?

4. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello dotxzer0

There is not a universal possibility in Eset to, as you write, to disable logging in general and locally (disable logging for filtered websites only) . Maybe other eset user can help here if i have overlooked something. Logging is one of those tools that, for a normal user at least, do not use or noticing before they are running into troubles. And if you are so unfortunate to run into issues of any kind, then you will appreciate to have you logs , so you at least can be able to backtrack your actions, and for support to better help you out.

Have a nice day, regards Janus.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  5. encus

encus Registered Member

AFAIK, logging (for firewall) is disabled by default to avoid performance issue. But you can enabled it if you have a problem (like Janus said) to see what's really going on and don't forget to disable it again.

HTH.

6. kricket

Re: Log Files & Threats & Eset's email.

Thanks, Janus, isn't there an easier way ?? I haven't tried it yet, but will next time I scan.
    Got another problem tho, & really upset about this: I found a few 'threats' & decided to REALLY clean my PC. So I dug up an OLD email from Eset support that said to download & run superantispyware dot com. I did, it found 190 threats. [Like WOW]
    The next step in your directions was to download & run malwarebytes dot org. I just started downloading when Eset came on & said to terminate because there was a serious threat. I noticed the address had changed to sammsoft dot com.
    I went to your support page & typed out a fairly long letter [I'm NOT a typist, I use only 2 fingers, so it took me forever.] The darn page hung & wouldn't GO. There's no way I'm going to retype ALL THAT, so I copied & pasted & sent it to Eset support.
    Now this is what I'm upset about !!!!--I got an answer that "I Don't have a TICKET no." I re-sent explaining why, & got the same answer back. Now, I'm really mad..Eset doesn't have email support !! If I had known THAT I would NEVER have opted for 2 more years on 2 PC's..I would have bought somewhere else where they at least CARE about their customers..I also noticed that there's NO SUPPORT PHONE NO. on Eset's website, why are they hiding ?? I know it's a good product, but there's other good products out there & you can contact them EASILY !!
    Thanks, Kricket..

7. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hey kricket

Can't see what part of the world you're living in. But (found this) if you're from United States or Canada, the Phone support is to:
    Customer Service - Home Edition

Call: +1 (619) 630-2300 in San Diego, CA USA
    Hours of phone support: 6:00am - 6:00pm Pacific Time [GMT-8], Monday - Friday

Taken from this link: http://www.eset.com/us/about/contact/

Regards, Janus

8. kricket

Hi Janus, Thanks for the quick answer.. I'm Canadian, [Ontario]
    I clicked on contact a few times, that page never came up..I'll phone them..
    But I mainly wanted Eset to recommend another malware download seeing as how that last one didn't work out. And I really didn't want to retype everything [altho I just DID-today, here]:rolleyes:
    I downloaded the [superantispyware] that they suggested & I think it's GREAT, I may even subscribe..I just can't figure out how come malwarebytes.org carried that switchover..with a virus..Got any ideas ??
    Can you suggest a good malware prog. ??

Kricket

9. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hi there kricket

No suggestion, sorry. But others may have some ideas. If it a good second opinion software you are looking for, then ask in this part of the forum, there are a lot of good forces there. link: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Have a nice day. regards Janus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.