log always empty

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by troublemaker, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. troublemaker

troublemaker Guest

I recently switched ISP, from cable to adsl. Now the log is always empty. What's that all about?

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Any new hardware with this switch such as a router that may be blocking inbound traffic before LnS sees it?

Regards,

CrazyM

3. troublemaker

troublemaker Guest

The new modem seems to have a built-in firewall. Perhaps this is blocking everything?
    Anyway the current situation is very awkward.

4. jag1967

jag1967 Registered Member

Try turning off ther f/w in the router. If you can, you should see the log filling up in LnS.
    I have LnS behind a hardware f/w-router and the LnS log goes extremely quiet to the point you feel it's not working!

jag

5. troublemaker

troublemaker Guest

In fact, after having to reinstall Windows it's clear inbound filtering indeed isn't working at all. I'm not very good at (well, not good at all) at creating rules, so I depend on the alerts in the log to start with. Certainly for some of the programs I always use.
    Well, not this time. After allowing a\any program access to the internet (outbound filtering is working OK), it can do whatever it wants to. Without any rules for incoming traffic.
    At the moment allowing outbound=allowing inbound. This is scary.

Does this mean the door is wide open for other traffic as well? The ShieldsUp test (grc.com) doesn't show any open ports (because of the modem with build-in firewall?).

I hadn't noticed this before. LnS reports: PC status=not connected and IP address 0.0.0.0

What's up?

6. troublemaker

troublemaker Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.