Locked out of NYTimes by recent update?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by dionisiog, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dionisiog

dionisiog Registered Member

Is it possible that the latest update to Spyware Blaster is preventing me from accessing the NYTimes.com website? This problem could have begun after my Spywareblaster update during this week. I can see the frontpage, but in general seem to be locked out on member and article pages.
    I have 2 computers. On the XP unit, in spite of the fact that I have cookies for the Nytimes on my computer, I am told that cookies are not being allowed. Also I am finding Java inoperable for contact forms to the NYTimes.
    On the 98 unit, I was still registered as logged-in, but couldn't access other pages (probably because again, cookies could not be read.) I could send to the NYTimes which utuilized Java on that computer.
    This is very frustrating. I have never before been stopped in an attempt to access a legitimate website that I wanted to access by Spywareblaster, so I have thought the reason might be something else, but this time it appears that this is happening. I am not sure. Any ideas? How do I put this... If the problem is with Spywareblaster protections, I wish I knew which protections I could disable in relationship to the NYTimes.com website so I could resume reading stories.
    I have all updates on my computers, all is running well. P2.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

To help confirm it's SpywareBlaster....with the program GUI open and the Status tab selected....down in the Quick Tasks area....select Disable All Protection.

If indeed that seems to help....re-enable the 3 protections(ActiveX, Cookies, Restricted Sites) one at a time to help determine which area is causing the problem ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.