Lock@win for win98

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TheSnowGuy, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

came upon this a moment ago...have never used or tested this program so do so at your own risk .

http://digilander.libero.it/zancart/look-win/odyframe.htm

This program is intended to track changes made to the system by setup programs. If you perform the installation of a program, you won't know if the setup will copy some files(i.e. DLL, VBX ) to your Windows (Tm) or Windows\system directory. The amount of space required by Windows directories will enlarge, and if a specific uninstall program is not provided, you won't know what files could be safely deleted from Windows. Running Look@win 3.53, after a program installation setup, will compare the actual status of Windows system with the recorded previous one, detecting changes. Inizialization files and Registry file control provides a sort of anti-virus function,too: if any difference will be detected, the new lines in .ini files or Windows Registry will be displayed, thus alerting for changes made by viral programs in order perform malicious actions at system startup. Moreover detection of size changes of executable files in Windows directories adds possibilities of early discovering a viral attack to your system

2. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

CORRECTION

the programs name is LOOK@WIN

the posted link did not work for me....so...sorry folks....unless you can locate it on your own I can't be of help....would not have made the post had I known the link would not work

http://digilander.libero.it/zancart/look-win/odyframe.htm

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It is ok the link works just fine.

bigc

4. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Guest

BigC

It does.....good golly Molly..it wont work for me LOL....an I am the dummy who posted the darn thing......oh well

Say BC....I found a The Homeland Security Threat Monitor ....sits in the tray.....alerts if status changes.......a freebee....but will pass on this one

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

This is the first paragraph at the link I guess this is what you linked.

Attached Files:

6. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Guest

BC

yupper, thats it....habit of mine never to post a link to a direct download...prefer to let people read the info first....

Thanya Sir..........

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

and a good habit that is. ;) :D

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.