Lock-up on Install

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Mar 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

I'm trying TDS3 on both my PC's, and each time I've installed it, the app has frozen upon install in exactly the same way. One PC is running Win2K, the other XP. The dialog box with the install meter across the bottom locks up when meter is showing install is complete (green bars all the way across). That box never disappears, even after 10 or so minutes. Have to use ctrl-alt-delete. After rebooting, the app seems to work fine on both PC's - just strange. Maybe it's conflicting with other apps installed on both PC's (AVG, ZoneAlarm Pro)?

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello Dazed and welcome,
    did you make sure you closed all other AV/AT when installing?
    Which is a rule of fist for all software you install, always make sure no other software and especially AT/AT scanners are running or resident at the same moment.
    I don't remember how it was on my system, it might have cost some few minutes to install all properly, reboot (also when not on a win9x system) before running it.
    If the software is working fine after your reboot there is no conflict.

3. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. No, I did not unload the AV prior to installing. That might have been the problem.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Always, at each install, make it a habit to close at least your AV/AT scanners and their resident parts, and with software like TDS, PG, PE, WG, CS, always reboot after installation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.