Locate directory for Firefox 'block image host' list?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by BlackScarletLove, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackScarletLove

BlackScarletLove Registered Member

2. ABee

ABee Registered Member

That appears to be a 'Terminal' command for a Linux system.

Do you use Windows? If so, I believe the 'permissions.sqlite' file inside your Firefox profile folder is still what you're looking for.
    Copy that over to the other machine, in whatever manner works for you.

Assuming there's already a 'permissions.sqlite' file in the other machine's Firefox profile folder, you'll be prompted about replacing it.

And I recommend you back up the original file (or back up the entire profile folder) on the second machine before replacing that file with the new one, so just in case any problem is created through that replacement, you can always go back to the original 'permissions.sqlite' file that was in that second machine's profile, or replace that entire profile back if necessary.

*Caveat Emptor*. I'm not dead certain what I've described will work without causing any issue, hence the back up recommendation.
    I suspect it would be important that both machines at least have the same version of AdBlock installed as well as the same filterset-- and possibly the same version of Firefox, too.

3. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

What you described should do it though AdBlock has no role to play in this. Adblock Plus settings are separate and unconnected with permissions.sqlite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.