LocalPort incorrect in Vista?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by qbadger, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qbadger

qbadger Registered Member

The localport criteria in rule edition doesn't seem to be working for me in Vista.

When I use it in a rule, the port display (greyed out) is still 1024-5000, and also the rule itself when created doesn't match the correct ports either, i.e. 49152-65535 in vista.

Specifying explicitly the port requirement solves the problem.

Can anyone confirm this? (AFAIK looknstop is detecting the correct OS version, as the 'service' option in automatic start is greyed out)

looknstop 2.06, vista ultimate

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

Maybe you have imported a lns.reg file from another computer which is not using vista ? or maybe you have upgraded from XP to vista keeping the same registry ?

The LocalPort settings happen once the first time Look 'n' Stop is started after it is installed. Then the values are stored in the registry and never computed again.
    There is currently no open issue about that.

To finally be able to use the LocalPort criteria, you can edit manually the registry:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Soft4Ever\looknstop\options
    the values are LocalPortStart and LocalPortEnd.
    You have to do that when Look 'n' Stop is stopped (otherwise it will overwrite again the values you have set).

Regards,

Frederic

3. qbadger

:smacks self on the head:
    Of course I should have checked the registry for this before posting. Thanks Frederic you are absolutely right.

Sorry for the false alarm.

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

There is anyway a problem, Look 'n' Stop should have initially detected Vista and should have set the ports properly.
    Do you confirm you didn't upgrade from XP, and you haven't applied a lns.reg ?

Frederic

5. qbadger

Frederic,
    The problem was entirely due to my own stupidity. I applied an xp lns.reg to the vista installation and of course that overode lns' localport setting.

Sorry about not replying sooner... because the problem was resolved I didn't bother checking in til now.

6. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Ok, no problem ;)

Thanks for your reply.

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.