Local Network NOT Communicating/Connected?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Birdman, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

I'm running PC-Doctor's 'Hardware Diagnostic Tools' program (pre-installed on my HP desktop) and under Communicatin Devices > Network Card....I'm receiving a NOT CONNECTED message when running the "Local Network Communication Test."

Is this to be expected if I'm running a single PC connected to the net via a cable modem + router (wired connection)? Would this mean that I'm not part of a "network" and thus the reason why I'm getting the 'no connection' message?

I know nothing when it comes to networking, so pardon my ignorance.

Win 7 x64 OS; Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Motorola SB6120 cable modem; Netgear WNR3500 router.

Thanks.

UPDATE: ran same test w/ NIS 2010 Firewall and AV disabled, same issue.

Attached Files:

• 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      19.9 KB
      Views:
    • 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      36.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Are you running it because there are issues connecting to the router/internet?

3. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

No, my internet connection works just fine. I'm just running it just to see the test results. Everything came back fine except for that and I was curious to find out a little more about this issue.

4. Seer

Seer Registered Member

I can't find this test anywhere, to check (is there a download?), but since it says that it "makes a list of PCs" I would assume the test is using nbtstat Windows command to fetch WINS names and no one is responding, as you have no other PCs on your LAN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.