Local Network NOT Communicating/Connected?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Birdman, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

I'm running PC-Doctor's 'Hardware Diagnostic Tools' program (pre-installed on my HP desktop) and under Communicatin Devices > Network Card....I'm receiving a NOT CONNECTED message when running the "Local Network Communication Test."

Is this to be expected if I'm running a single PC connected to the net via a cable modem + router (wired connection)? Would this mean that I'm not part of a "network" and thus the reason why I'm getting the 'no connection' message?

I know nothing when it comes to networking, so pardon my ignorance.

Win 7 x64 OS; Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Motorola SB6120 cable modem; Netgear WNR3500 router.

Thanks.

UPDATE: ran same test w/ NIS 2010 Firewall and AV disabled, same issue.

Attached Files:

• 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      19.9 KB
      Views:
    • 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      36.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Are you running it because there are issues connecting to the router/internet?

3. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

No, my internet connection works just fine. I'm just running it just to see the test results. Everything came back fine except for that and I was curious to find out a little more about this issue.

4. Seer

Seer Registered Member

I can't find this test anywhere, to check (is there a download?), but since it says that it "makes a list of PCs" I would assume the test is using nbtstat Windows command to fetch WINS names and no one is responding, as you have no other PCs on your LAN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.