loading log bug

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by theraid, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theraid

theraid Registered Member

firewall log keeps on loading forever.!

it shows "loading log files" and the bars continue to fill up but after a few seconds it goes back to the start again.

cancelling does not do anything and the cycle repeats. only way is to force close the program.

the only settings i change the firewall Automatic Mode setting to Automatic Mode with Exception.

However, i revert the settings back to automatic mode but the log files still goes on a continuously load.

using:
    windows vista 32bit
    eset smart security 4.0

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Make sure that you didn't enable logging of blocked connections which serves for debugging purposes.

3. theraid

yea it's disabled. the problem seems to be something wrong with "oversized" log file. but i'm not sure.

it also seems that the log is generated faster than it could load. hence the recurring loading bar.

is there any way to "clear" the log file or even prevent it from logging?

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  4. theraid

i managed to revert all the settings to default. and the log seems ok now.

thanks!

5. Spanaway01

Spanaway01 Registered Member

I reported the same issue a few days ago. Seems like there is a "real" bug and not just to a unique system. Maybe they will get it fixed on the next update. Well, we can always hope, can't we? :p

6. bimota

bimota Registered Member

I have opened this same issue with ESET's support department a couple months ago. They seemed really responsive... However they have never produced a resolution only the broken record that plays like this, Uninstall, Reinstall, uninstall, reinstall......

I log a lot of traffic and this one drives me crazy too. My company is not going to renew this year because of this. I actually really liked ESS. We're moving to BitDefender this July, which I unfortunately know nothing about... :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.