Load Time for Spyware Blaster 3.1

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by slgritz, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slgritz

slgritz Registered Member

I've been using SpywareBlaster 2.7.* for several months now, and have been very impressed.

I just updated to 3.1 and am considering subscribing the the auto-update feature. However, before I do so I would like to see if you can advise me about a problem I'm having.

It takes the 3.1 control panel about 5 minutes to load. Setting up 3.1 (enabling all the protections) took about 30 minutes. Can you tell me why it seems to get wrapped up for so long?

I'm running Windows ME with a cable modem.

Your help would be appreciated.

2. William Randall

William Randall Registered Member

Frankly, I'm surprized that you can run 3.1 on ME. Several of us are having trouble with 3.1 on ME and Win98. I can't even install 3.1, so I'm still running 3.0 which can't be updated.

William

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

At what point does it seem to take the longest during loading, and during protection - the very last point?

It's possible this may be caused by an excessively large registry.dat file. Do you run (or have you ran) Mozilla or Firefox?

Thanks,

-Javacool

4. William Randall

William Randall Registered Member

Javacool,

I know your question was not for me, but if you have been following the thread I started, I run Mozilla as my default browser. I also run Firefox but only use it now and then.

William

5. slgritz

Javacool,

I have problems in two areas:

1. When I try to load the control panel. All I get is a white box. That just sits there for 5 to 8 minutes. Then I get the blue side panel. Then after a few more minutes, I get the text.

2. When I enable Mozilla. That took about 30 minutes. The others enabled more easily -- only a few minutes each.

I know this is a dumb question, but how would I know there are delays during protection? I've received no error messages.

Thanks for looking at this.

6. slgritz

The answer to your first question is in prior thread. I didn't answer your second question. I've never run Mozilla or Firefox.

slgritz

7. slgritz

William,

Since I posted my question, I've read about the problems that Windows ME and 98 users have with 3.1. I'm glad it's running for me (I've no explanation as to the reaon).

Hopefully, the bug that keeps if from running for you will be taken care of soon. It's a great produce and 3.1 seems to be a world of improvement on 2.7 (except for the load/enable/update time, of course :D ).

Take care. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.