LnS205b3 not showing active applications

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by friedclams, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. friedclams

friedclams Registered Member

Ever since I upgraded from win98se to win2k and reinstalled LnS 205b3 (registered) when I go to the application filtering tab it NEVER shows any active applications...
    application filtering is enabled....
    LnS is working because the log shows whats being blocked in internet filtering...

has anyone a clue to why no applications show in the "application filtering" tab left side list ?? the right side shows lots of application names... when I remove a name, for example, opera I get the popup asking for authorization.

I'm constantly running Opera and my email proggie which always showed in the left hand list when I ran win98se... now in win2k I don't see nothin' in the left hand column...

o_O

UPDATE: I went into the registry to look at the services/currentcontrolset keys for the pnp_tdi group ... it seems that the tcpip key had a lower tag value than lnsfw1 or sfilter so LnS was loading before TCPIP... I reversed the tag values so TCPIP is loading before LnS and some applications now show (but not all online applications)... and I've confirmed that if I delete the application filtering entry for an app and then start the app LnS asks for authorization....

So I'm still a little unsure why ALL online apps don't show in the left side listo_O
    o_O o_O

Last edited: Apr 23, 2004
  2. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

friedclams,
    My Opera on Win2k is only shown in the left window of application filtering while loading a webpage. After that it disappears. You should test with another application like a chat client (Trillian), which has always active connections.

Hope this helps,
    Thomas :)

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

You should put back the registry key as before and apply the following patch:
    http://looknstop.soft4ever.com/Tools/LnSRegPatch.exe

After applying the patch, reboot and tell us how it works.

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.