LnS205b3 not showing active applications

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by friedclams, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. friedclams

friedclams Registered Member

Ever since I upgraded from win98se to win2k and reinstalled LnS 205b3 (registered) when I go to the application filtering tab it NEVER shows any active applications...
    application filtering is enabled....
    LnS is working because the log shows whats being blocked in internet filtering...

has anyone a clue to why no applications show in the "application filtering" tab left side list ?? the right side shows lots of application names... when I remove a name, for example, opera I get the popup asking for authorization.

I'm constantly running Opera and my email proggie which always showed in the left hand list when I ran win98se... now in win2k I don't see nothin' in the left hand column...

o_O

UPDATE: I went into the registry to look at the services/currentcontrolset keys for the pnp_tdi group ... it seems that the tcpip key had a lower tag value than lnsfw1 or sfilter so LnS was loading before TCPIP... I reversed the tag values so TCPIP is loading before LnS and some applications now show (but not all online applications)... and I've confirmed that if I delete the application filtering entry for an app and then start the app LnS asks for authorization....

So I'm still a little unsure why ALL online apps don't show in the left side listo_O
    o_O o_O

Last edited: Apr 23, 2004
  2. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

friedclams,
    My Opera on Win2k is only shown in the left window of application filtering while loading a webpage. After that it disappears. You should test with another application like a chat client (Trillian), which has always active connections.

Hope this helps,
    Thomas :)

3. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

You should put back the registry key as before and apply the following patch:
    http://looknstop.soft4ever.com/Tools/LnSRegPatch.exe

After applying the patch, reboot and tell us how it works.

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.