LnS With Router

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Smartdevil, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smartdevil

Smartdevil Registered Member

Hi
    I am using LNS & till now it was working fine because i was connecting normally but now i have connected it to linksys AG241 router & when i do GRC test it shows closed rather then stealth. I am using Phantom's rule set... so can anyone please help ?

Thanks
    Smartdevil

2. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

Does your router have a build-in firewall? In this case GRC does not test your PC and LnS, but rather the router firewall.
    You have to stealth the firewall of your router ;)

Thomas :)

3. Smartdevil

Thanks Thomas M

Got it sorted :)

4. Smartdevil

Sorry was too quick to think everything is sorted :(

I am using Linksys Ag241. Its adsl modem & a router. I have disabled the inbuild firewall. Now even though i can connect to the internet properly & everything. I dint think LNS is working because its not doing any application filtering or anything. Also GRC shows ports blocked rather then Stealth.
    My router is connected using ethernet with ip address 192.168.1.100 assigned by the router

5. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

As far as I know you have to directly connect your PC/lancard with your ADSL-modem. When your router is in-between the ADSL-modem and your PC, you will rather test your router even when the firewall of your router has been disabled.

Thomas :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.