LnS with 3G Handphone Dialup

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by thylacine, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thylacine

thylacine Registered Member

hi guys, i'm wondering why LnS can't detect the extra connection via 3G Handphone?

Yesterday, I tried to connect to 3G wireless broadband to my ISP/telco via my handphone (3G SIM voice+data)

Handphone: Nokia 5320 XpressMusic

It's set as dialup connection.

I noticed LnS doesn't 'see' this new adapter. How do I firewall this connection?

p/s: In the Log, i see that it's blocking some specific IPs (i think it's related to the telco).

thanks!

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi thylacine,

In Look 'n' Stop the selected adapter should be the "Wan Miniport...".
    Which kind of IP do you get for this internet connection ?
    With mobile phones it is sometimes 10.x.y.z and you have to remove "10;" from the exclusion list.

Also if you have installed the Nokia software after Look 'n' Stop, it could happen the Look 'n' Stop driver is not attached to that adapter. You have to look at the Windows connection adapter properties to check that.

Fortunately, I did exacly this kind of tests with Win7, Look 'n' Stop 2.06p4 and a Nokia 3G connection, and it worked for me.

Regards,

Frederic

3. thylacine

hi frederic,

yeah, i installed Nokia PC Suite after LnS. It didn't detect this adapter.

i just bought an external 3G modem (Huawei E220). Will test this at my home pc with LnS.

'bout the IP, yeah, if i remember correctly, it's 10.x.y.z, and the log keeps shows that it's blocking it. However, the log shows 202.x.y.z.

i'll need to reconfirm this later at home.

thanks again for your support! :thumb:

4. thylacine

hi frederic: an update here....

connected ip is 10.x.y.z ... but LnS blocked the telco's ip range of 123.x.y.z with port domain=53 (rule: UDP : Auth. communications)

there are two telco ips that are blocked, so i have to manually Allow these to go thru. Surprisingly, GRC's ShieldsUp! passed

5. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hi thylacine,

I think you need to make a minor modification to the DNS rule temp-range, if using 'Local In', you'll need to change it to 1024-65534.

Regards,
    Phant0m``

6. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Ok.
    Actually, if you had some activity in the log, and packet counters not blocked at 0 on the "Welcome" tab. It's not an adapter detection issue.

Frederic

7. thylacine

hi frederic, yeah that';s what i thought too ...

it's more related to the rule ... i'll try to follow Phant0m's suggestion later the day ...

thanks guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.