LNS SP2 reboot on start?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by AJohn, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

I have been testing out Look'n'Stop recently on WinXP(no SP) and was very impressed with how few resources it uses, but when I decided to install a fresh copy of XP and SP2 I ran into some trouble.

When I turn my computer on it reboots right away. I know LNS is the problem because it only exist when it is installed. I was using version 2.05 and even tried LnSSvc 1.01b2 Install & Start which diddn't solve my problem. I know that people have been reporting problems shuting down, but i think this is something else? To prevent my system from being rebooted I have to close look'n'stop with the task manager as soon as my system starts. I managed to uninstall it, but would like to get it working somehow.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: Since I have posted this message I have solved my problem. The software which comes with my LinkSys wireless adapter was causing the problem. I uninstalled it and manually installed the drivers and everything is working fine now. I hope this helps someone else and saves them some time.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2004
  2. Jazzie1

Jazzie1 Registered Member

HI Ajohn, glad to hear it! My problem still exists though. In the mean time, I just uncheck the "Automaticly restart" box, under: Control panel_System_Advanced_Startup and Recovery_Settings_System Failure...It has been working that way, as a temp fix.. I usually don't like doing that, but it beets the alternative!

Take care
    Jazzie1

3. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

4. Jazzie1

Jazzie1 Registered Member

YO, thanx AJohn! Yeah I am aware of this nice fix.. But it is also temporary! Awaiting a full fix from Frederic....

CU
    Jazzie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.