LNS newbie question?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by jon_fl, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

Are the LNS settings adequate with the default settings? What settings would be recommended with XP? I have read about Phantom's rules, but do I really need that? Any help appreciated. :doubt:

2. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

I heard all about the great support of LNS here. Maybe the question was too hard.

3. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

Try loading the "Enhanced" rules set. Those are sufficient for most users, and if you need a different degree of protection, you can always make your own rules. And if you can't do that, then I'm sure our incompetent user community won't be able to help you out :rolleyes:

4. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

Well thank you quexx88. I'm happy that one out of 70+ people took a stab at it. :rolleyes: Anyway, I already went to enhanced rulesSet and advanced mode. What about DLL detection?

Just for the record, I've had plenty of help from the mostly competent user community here. ;)

5. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

I bet if you had a more positive attitude in your second post there would be tons of answers.

You should definately enable DLL detection, it can potentially save your ass.
    Using Phant0m's V6 ruleset would be a great idea. If you goto www.fluxgfx.com/forum you can find lots of information on setting it up for whatever connection you are on.

Whether or not you really need it is up to you. It is more secure and would be good for just about anyone to use if they know how to configure LnS.

6. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

Thanks AJohn. I just got a little frustrated from the lack of response after so many people looked at my question. I've always had great response in the past; even from you. I enjoy reading your posts. But no big deal. Live and learn. :)

If you use Phant0m's V6 ruleset, do you still need to use enhanced rulesSet, advanced mode and DLL detection in addition?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2004
  7. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi jon_fl,

I think your question was too open.
    One can anwser: just use the enhanced ruleset and that's it.
    Another one: activate the DLL detection, the protocol detection, the TCP SPI.
    And another one: use the beta driver and set the registry correctly to detect more troyans

It depends on the security level you want to put on your system, and on the time you want to spend to finely tune these settings.

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.