LnS newbie question

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by anderb, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anderb

anderb Registered Member

Hello everybody I´m using this great firewall,but I have some questions if you could answer them I´d appreciate.
    on the welcome part of LnS where are the statistics these two itens have a zero,they are:filtered packets in uplink and filtered packets in downlink.
    Total of sent packets and total of received packets are working well.
    the box connected it´s blank and I can´t check it.
    At pcflank stealth test UDP are not stealthed ,what can I do to solve these problems?
    Thanks for your help.

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi anderb,

Two possibilities here:
    1- the network interface is properly selected in the options
    2- the network interface is not properly selected

In the welcome page, the IP address should be the one you are using for the PC to connect internet.
    If this IP is not correct, then you are in case #2, you need to select the manual mode of selection and select yourself the correct adapter, and press the Apply button.

If the address IP is Ok in the welcome page, then probably it is something like 192.168.0.1 or 10.x.y.z. In that case open the advanced options dialog box and in the IP to exclude field remove either 192.168.0.1 or 10. Stop/Restart Look 'n' Stop and the "Connected to Internet" Checkbox should be ticked.
    Even if you are in case #2, perhaps you would need to do that change if the network interface you have manually select has this kind of IP address.

If the filtering counters stay at 0, it could be your Internet Modem includes yet a first level of protection. But since the UDP Stealth test on PCFlank is failed, probably Look 'n' Stop is not filtering on the right adapter (case #2).

Regards,

Frederic

3. anderb

anderb Registered Member

Thank you so much for your help now it´s working fine but unfortunatelly UDP remains failing on pcflank test.I wish you a very merry christmas dear friend.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.