LnS Network Settings

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by profhsg, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

Both Zone Alarm Pro and Outpost have settings taking networks to which a user is connected out of any "trusted zone" and not allowing at least some connections with other computers on a network. Does LnS have any equivilent of these?

Thanks in advance.

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

I'm not sure to understand what is allowed or blocked with this kind of option.

With Look 'n' Stop you just select the network interface that is used to connect to internet.
    The other interfaces used for instance for the local network are directly allowed.

Frederic

3. profhsg

profhsg Registered Member

I found out what the setting is Outpost do. If you check trusted all communications from other computers on the LAN are allowed. If you just check Net Bios, all Net Bios communications from other computers on the LAN are allowed. I wish to do neither, so I assume that the enhanced rule set on LooknStop does not allow for either and I don't have to make any changes. Am I correct in this assumption? Also, if someone were to want to allow either all or Net Bios communications with other machines on a LAN they would have to create a special rule to allow such communications.

Thanks
    Harry

Last edited: Jun 20, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.