LnS & NDAS... how to allow NDAS device & driver?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by elyor, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elyor

elyor Registered Member

noob here,

i have an NDAS device setup in my mini-LAN.

NDAS management and service executables were already added in the application filtering as per vendor's recommendation...

it can only be accessed if i allow the last rule "all other packets" under the internet filtering.
    since this last rule is required to block other unwanted packets, how do i set up a rule to specifically allow NDAS access?

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

If you keep the ""all other packets" rule, what are the logged packets in Look 'n' Stop log page ?

Frederic

3. elyor

elyor Registered Member

Hello Frederic,

The logged activity is an Ethernet protocol(?) having a MAC address (not an IP) of the NDAS device...

And left clicking on this only pops out a menu with only a 'look' button, no 'create a rule' button...

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

Yes, the create rule option is only for TCP/UDP/ICMP.

What is the ethernet type displayed exactly, maybe a rule can be created (using the RawRuleEdition plugin) to allow this type.

Otherwise if the MAC address is fixed and is specific to the NDAS device you want to use , you can create a rule that will allow any packet to/from this address.

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.