LNS lite

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by treehel, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treehel

treehel Registered Member

The last version of this free firewall is 1.04 beta 1 and i am the user of this firewall. But it loosing it's actuality and becoming useless without windows security updated. I am very depressed about fact, that developers 'killed' this project, and so i offer to revive it with all features of lns 2: application filtering, a few custom rules and excluded application changes control and so on. Only for personal use and sponsored by some kind of adware/adverisment. Possible?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

well the current v2 does have a free version. after the 30 days is over, applicating filtering will be disabled and u cant use the enhanced ruleset. there may be some other limitations but i cant recall.

3. treehel

treehel Registered Member

> u cant use the enhanced ruleset
    :LOL: and how do i permit my ftpd o eMule then?
    > applicating filtering will be disabled
    Not fatal, cause i use spybot SnD and Antivir PE, but after it sounds unreal to use firewall. I believe, that L'n'S is a very special firewall, and if a man choise it for home, but not ZoneAlarm Free (best in many firewall tests) or Outpost, then he knows what for. But, usually.. it is server soft. Why just not to make L'n'S free for desktop users... it's a "bit" expensive. At least, it is a defense not for country with average month family profit 100-150$.

P.S. or why do you thing piracy level in Russia 70% in buisiness and 99% on home desktops for soft with price higher, than 7 $?

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

ive never tried lns lite. i only read that u cant use the enhanced ruleset.

and for ftp + emule, just download/import the necessary rules from the lns site.

app filtering may not be crucial but without it, but it can affect ur rules.

for example some rules for games or p2p are activated when u start the program and disabled when u exit the program. without app filtering, lns will have no idea when u start/exit the programs. u can remove the app from the rule, but the rule will then be always open.

5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, treehel

I think you have been mislead about that, it is one of the worst check it at Firewall Leak Tester and see the Free Version score.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.