LNS killed my connection

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by wreckwriter, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wreckwriter

wreckwriter Registered Member

Well, I'm on my kid's PC because mine will no longer connect. Even after uninstalling LNS, no more connection. Any ideas? The website only recommends importing something in French....

I'm behind a D-Link router.

2. wreckwriter

Your FAQ, regarding not being able to connect and removing drivers, is awful. It says look in device manager, doesn't say where or what they might be called. Then it sends you to places in the registry that don't exist (SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet001\ for example). In any case, none of the drivers remain but I cannot connect to Internet or LAN. What did your program change in my network settings?

3. wreckwriter

Can nobody help me get my connection working? Either with or without LNS? It had to change something in network setting since I can't find any drivers (doesn't help that the names aren't given anywhere though...)

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

wreckwriter,

I've done a quick edit of the FAQ, hopefully this is clearer:
    Blue

6. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello wreckwriter,

You might want to try a quicker way than above if you download Phantastic UnInstaller v1.0.0.1b: by Phant0m that should fix your problem you can find it here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=106611

Post#6 by SSK

Very confused if I can post the link itself? :doubt: o_O or not?(due to policy) So the above will take you there and it's free to download.

Good Luck

7. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

8. wreckwriter

Thanks for the replies. I don't find the reg entries but I think I found the drivers in CP, hidden network adapter drivers. Disabling them doesn't fix me though. Will try these unistallers before I resort to restore.

9. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Before restoring, try WinsockXPFix recommended above. This is typically the tool I initially try whenever connectivity is lost and a software issue is suspected.

Blue

10. wreckwriter

The unistaller doesn't work, missing erasor.dll

11. wreckwriter

Had to uncheck secure delete.

12. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello,

So by doing so, did you get your Internet connection back? Or are you still having problems? There are a few more things to try if Phant0m's Uninstaller did not fix your Internet connection?

13. wreckwriter

Nope, although LnS was apparently removed, something somewhere was changed. I tried all the suggestions here and everything I could think of. In the end I did a restore to make sure all traces of it and whatever it did were gone.

I appreciate the suggestions.

14. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello wreckwriter,

Thank you for the update,and sorry that nothing seemed to have worked for you.I had a similar experience with Za_Pro about 7 years ago and ended up having to reinstall my O/S due to registry damage from uninstalling there product! It Also wiped out all my system restore points.

LnS is a very good firewall,it is unfortunate it did not work out for you.
    I think you really would have liked it.

Good luck in finding one that works best on your O/S.

15. wreckwriter

It turns out my LnS problem was an incomplete uninstall of the Sygate firewall. Phantom spent a bunch of time yesterday and helped me get it sorted out. LnS is now installed and working!

16. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi wreckwriter,

Thanks for reporting what was the issue finally, and I'm happy to know it finally worked on your system.

Thanks also to Phant0m for helping you.

This kind of problem is very annoying and not very easy to understand/solve. Fortunately they are rare.
    We already had similar issues with za not uninstalled properly.

Also some other system applications to be very cautious with are uninstaller (like Total Uninstall), they are often not adapted to recover a correct state of the registry for network drivers. It is absolutely mandatory to use Look 'n' Stop uninstaller first and not automatic uninstallers first.

Regards,

Frederic

17. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

18. wreckwriter

Thanks Frederik,

I never use unistaller programs, except Phant0m's of course, I either use the program's own unistaller or control panel.

Phant0m was fabulously helpful. Very patient and his advice was right on the money. I now have LnS running smoothly with his special ruleset on both my PCs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.