LnS Kazaa Lite Resurrection Rule....

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by dja2k, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

The LnS website has a rule for Kazaa but non of the ports both list are being used in Kazaa, for one, the Kazaa Lite Resurrection has port Kazaa 1214 disabled where as the kazaa rule from LnS webiste uses that port for the client connection. Also the server port on the LnS website for the Kazaa Rule uses some other port and well the Kazaa Lite Resurrection uses another port for the incomming connections.

I am guessing first I change the server kazaa port to the one inside the kazaa program which I already did, but the kazaa client port , well that is another story, I don't know what port it is using? Also in the log, I see it allowing a lot of UDP connections to so and so client port and well the server port is the one I listed in the server rule, but the cliet port varies in the log. Can anyone clarify this? Can you help me find the client port that this version of kazaa is using and if I am using the right port for the server rulel

thanks,
    dja2k

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

is it possible to force KLR to use port 1214? or maybe u could try using K-Lite.

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Yes it is possible, I can check off the disable port 1214 in the options. Something that is really wierd is that there are two process that require internet access, 1: KAZAALITE.KPP and 2::KPP.EXE. As defualt, KPP.EXE is blocked with the STOP FLAG even though I put authorize. That doesn't stop the program from working, though I don't know which of the two goes inside the rules? I can't seem to make the server rule work - I mean you can tell when you turn off the program the green box turnes another color when the ports are closed right? Any ideas? About K-lite, isn't that older than Kazaa Resurrection?

dja2k

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i know k-lite is based on kmd 2.7.2 i dont know which p2p is newer but both are better than KMD. anyways for the rules in LnS, i found a faq on KLR and it says:
    but like u mentioned i have no idea which process needs the rules. could u apply the rules to both components? u could also try posting in the KLR forums

5. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

What firewall settings should I use?
    Rule based firewalls should use these settings:

#1 Permit outbound TCP/UDP connections for Kazaa on all ports.
    #2 Permit inbound TCP/UDP connections for Kazaa on all ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    That is crazy, I wouldn't open all my ports to a p2p program like that. No way, I rather take it off if that is the case which I know its not. Like I said the program works fine, but the rules need port adjustment, that is it. So I guess I am posting in that other forum to see what they say.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.