LnS - incompatibilty warning by winows

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by aigle, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Just installed trial of LnS today and my system gave me following warning message.( shown in the attachement). Now I am thinking to uninstall it.I have XP Home SP 2.( The installation did completed itself by automatically terminating the awrning.)

I already had installed NIS( firewall disabled) and ZA Pro, and diabled ZA Pro before installing LnS.I installed Jetico also just to use both of them one by one but I think Jetico is not compatible with ZA Pro9 its true vector service) or LnS as Jetico after installation and reboot said

network drivers were changed and Jetico recovered the configuration, pls reboot ur system again

and after reboot, I aws not able to access internet as all traffic was blocked. I diid not received this type of message last time when I installed Jetico( at that time I don,t have LnS and ZA Pro). Any idea?

Attached Files:

• LnS.JPG
      LnS.JPG
      File size:
      32.6 KB
      Views:
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

aigle

Best advice is not to install two firewalls [or maybe three] at once. Conflicts will occur.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

U are right but I just intended to comapre them in real time. I found the reason, LnS was the cause. Uninstalled it and now Jetico can work with ZA pro and/or NIS.

So what about the warning from windows, any user can comment?

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

the warning is because of how looknstop installs its driver. its ok, nothing to worry about.

btw i agree with ronjor, in one post alone u mention 4 firewalls (norton, zonealarm, jetico, lns). id uninstall all of them, clean ur registry, then reinstall one.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

U r right. Infact Norton firewall is part of NIS, so can,t uninstall it, it is mostly disabled. I am using mainly one at a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.