LNS Gets Focus, but there's no window

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by aria1946, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aria1946

aria1946 Registered Member

I'm sure this is going to be perceived as yet another attempt on my part to convince the author to alter the way his program interacts with the Windows desktop.

I've noticed that whenever LNS pops up a window to alert me to a program attempting to access the internet, dismissing that window leaves LNS with focus, even though there's no visible window.

My Logitech G7 Laser Mouse's thumb key is programmed to "close" the window that has focus. If I press this button immediately after dismissing a LNS popup window, I get the prompt from LNS to confirm minimizing or terminating the application.

The most annoying occurrence of this behavior happened a few minutes ago, when I dismissed an alert that Adobe Updater was attempting to access the internet. A browser window was topmost, but when I clicked the Close button to (I thought) close the browser window, I was presented with a prompt from LNS to confirm or not terminating itself.

I clicked on the browser window, and then closed it. At this point another browser window was topmost, but when I clicked the Close button to close THAT window, LNS once again intercepted the call and asked me yet again if I wanted to shut down the application.

This happened *4* times with 4 different windows, yet at no time was there a LNS window visible on the desktop.

So there were a total of *4* extra mouse clicks required before LNS stopped asking me if I wanted to terminate the program.

Very annoying...

Tom

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Yes, I agree Look 'n' Stop should not keep the focus when it is minimized.
    I will try to fix that.

Frederic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.