LnS and Router question

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Anth-Unit, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anth-Unit

Anth-Unit Registered Member

I've been playing around with look n stop, and I have been noticing a lot of traffic being blocked that says Type: ETH 0006. Now, most of these connections are coming from wireless clients that are connected on my wireless network. The two main mac addresses are from devices that I recognize, but when I changed the password on my wireless network, and these devices no longer have the correct wifi password, Look n Stop is still recording inbound connections from these machines. I'm running a Linksys router flashed with tomato firmware, and I'm using WPA2 with AES encryption.

My question is, if they no longer have the correct wireless password, why are they still able to send packets to machines connected to my router? Is this a security risk?

2. Cvette

Cvette Registered Member

I'm not positive, but I don't believe that changing the password will 'boot' or disconnect devices that still have an active connection to the router.

If LooknStop is still recording the activity despite the devices being disconnected, it may be an issue with the application itself. If so, someone in the official Wilders LooknStop forum may be able to help you.

3. Anth-Unit

Anth-Unit Registered Member

I was thinking the same thing, so I rebooted the router after having changed the password. I'll try and follow up in the LnS forum.