LNS and public hotspots

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by bilo, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bilo

bilo Registered Member

I love LNS..but since i travel i could never get my head around the issue that it works great for me until i leave and make use of public hotspots (or wifi @ friends/relatives homes).

I understand (at least with the Phant0m rulset) it needs to detect the DNS stuff during the setup... but with that ruleset as well as any others, i for the life of me cannot get it to work when i switch from the ISP i use in my home to any other ISP when i'm out and about -- unless i uninstall and resinstall LNS and the phant0m ruleset so it can detect the new DNS info. (i even try chaning just to standard or enhanced and it continues blocking in this scenerio). I'm assuming i'm missing something and that surely reinstalling isn't the intended work around. what am i missing here?

thanks for your time..

-xp pro sp2
    - lns 2.7

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hi bilo,

Regarding P. Ruleset, un-installing and re-installing Look ā€˜nā€™ Stop product is an complete unnecessary step.

Also if you with Deluxe release, you could simply use the Traveler INI key in ForceConfig.ini file. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.