LnS and NOD32 - IMON.DLL

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by SimonW, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimonW

SimonW Registered Member

I've been running a full copy of NOD32 for around 4 months now without problems in any application.

Recently updated my firewall to LnS, and after some great help from Phant0m configured it to work with Shareaza. Unfortunately, after an short time ( >30mins) it (shareaza) crashes giving IMON.DLL as the cause of the error.

IMON is the dynamic internet monitor within NOD32 and I wonder if the combination of high P2P traffic / LnS / IMON checking could be the cause of the problem. I don't want to disable IMON completely, however it can be configured to ignore certain apps, which I've tried to no avail. I've also tried enabling/disabling the DLL scanning of IMON within LnS, as IMON will (due to its nature) appear constantly in the LnS log.

Again, I don't believe my problem is NOD32 directly, as I've been running it sccessfully with Shareaza for 4 months and differing firewalls. I really like LnS so don't want to move away from it back to a different firewall again either.

Any ideas would be appreciated...

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Yea sounds like you responded to the DLL Filtering Alert as Deny for that .DLL, don't deny go into "Advance Options" and click "DLLs" button and authorize that .DLL.

3. SimonW

SimonW Registered Member

Definitely responded yes to this one, as it is being used all the time to scan internet traffic. The only thing I've done since is to go into Advanced Options / DLLs and set the logging for this to No otherwise the number of entries in the Log goes sky high.

4. Phant0m

Alright there must be an important .DLL you Denied, clean the .DLL list and authorize every .DLL alert appear.

5. SimonW

SimonW Registered Member

Away from the home PC currently, so will check tonight. Pretty sure all DLLs are currently authorised though...

Thanks
    Simon

6. Phant0m

Seems to be it is something in reference to DLL Filtering, an important DLL being blocked. If everything shows “Allow” clean the list, or disable DLL Filtering Layer and see if that fixes your anomaly. :D

7. SimonW

SimonW Registered Member

Will do :)
    Still seems strange that it runs for quite a while before crashing though.

8. Phant0m

Not to me it doesn't... ;)

9. SimonW

SimonW Registered Member

Still no luck :(

All DLLs were set to Allow - but I cleared down the list anyway and re-allowed as required.
    Shareaza ran all night but crashed again this morning.

Event Type:   Error
    Event Source:   Application Error
    Event Category:   None
    Event ID:   1000
    Date:      03/03/2004
    Time:      10:47:02
    User:      N/A
    Computer:   
    Description:
    Faulting application shareaza.exe, version 1.8.10.8, faulting module imon.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0001841a.

I will try cancelling the DLL checking overnight. I wonder could there be any other settings to change / check that spring to mind?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.