LnS 205b2

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by trizzipin, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trizzipin

trizzipin Guest

Im about to install the new version but i read all this about downloading extra drivers (updated ones) or somethin after you downloaded 205b1 so are those needed also in this version if so whats link again to get them ? and any other steps i would take to first setting this up with my dsl connection would be grealy appreciated like downloadable ruleset .
    thanks

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey trizzipin

Look ‘n’ Stop v2.05b2 contains fixed Hyper-Threading driver for Win2K/XP systems, Look ‘n’ Stop v2.05b1 you had to manually apply new driver which is Hyper-Threading fixed driver for Win2K/XP systems.

Look ‘n’ Stop v2.05b2 has other changes and fixes, English version of Look ‘n’ Stop v2.05b2 is available for download by clicking HERE.

Take a gander at http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=22966, first thread which helps one to get started…

And after getting started and you want to explore Phant0m``s Rule-set $v5.0 take a gander at http://www.wilderssecurity.info/Phant0m.shtml.

And by the way, welcome to wilders board, but if you are not new to the board then welcome at least to the Look 'n' Stop English forum :D

3. trizzipin

trizzipin Guest

thanks for the quick response ive installed it along with the phantom sept ruleset and all i had to change was the dns rule and everything is working perfectly. Now my question is i notice you cant limit your apps to certain ports , is there a plugin that can allow it i saw on the looknstop that there was but dont know if it actually works for programs itself any light on this would be appreciated

4. Phant0m

In Application Filtering screen, double click on a Entry

5. trizzipin

trizzipin Guest

i looked at it and found you can choose an app i think but its all confusing its a lot different from using outpost if you can make certain rules for only certain apps , how do you go about doing it

6. trizzipin

trizzipin Guest

i didnt see ur last response about double clicking on an app , i tried it but nothing happens when i double click on it in app filtering and for some reason my connection keeps dropin now and back up

7. trizzipin

trizzipin Guest

i just noticed i dont think app filtering is working its not recognizing connected apps and when i open a new one it doesnt ask anything it is checked though..

8. Phant0m

Hey trizzipin

In Application Filtering screen, is the App-List empty? if not empty it and launch Internet Explorer...

9. trizzipin

trizzipin Guest

its empty, i launched ie and nothing popped up from lns asking for permission to use it or anything its like app filtering is disabled

10. Phant0m

OK, please visit http://www.wilderssecurity.info/0305.shtml

11. trizzipin

trizzipin Guest

ok great that patch fixed it now for allowing apps only on certain ports you said to double click on the app in app filktering i do that and nothing happens ?

12. Phant0m

http://www.wilderssecurity.info/0201.shtm & http://www.wilderssecurity.info/0205.shtml

First link, view around the last image on the page, second link goto near bottom until you see something in reference to "Application"

13. trizzipin

trizzipin Guest

Ok i looked on that page i found how to make rules for certain apps , but i just cant seem to understand how to allow my browser on only ports 80,443,21 (meaning it would block all other ports for that app except those) it seems extremely confusing to me.

14. trizzipin

trizzipin Guest

lol problems just keep piling up my internet keeps losing connection with lns back and forth non stop for a few secs or min

15. Phant0m

You mentioned awhile ago you only configured the DNS rules, you using xDSL therefore you must configure also the DHCP rules.

16. Phant0m

In addition; verify the DNS rule or rules is configured properly!

17. killjoy

killjoy Registered Member

ok i registered! i found and edited both dhcp rules and things seem to be fine now. Now for the app editing i found this in the ss but i cant seem to find how to get to this screen, or how other way would i go about making my browser accept TCP,Outbound ports 80,443, and 21 and restricting all other ports EXCEPT these for both protocols and dirrections.

Attached Files:

18. Phant0m

Attached Files:

19. killjoy

i found That ss on the lns website, so i dont know how to bring up that screen inside lns, how would i go about doing that .so all i do is add 80,443,21 where you have the number 80 showing and under udp the !65535 means it will block all those udp ports ? how about the rest of the tcp ports how would those be blocked then ?

20. Phant0m

If you read what has been said on http://www.wilderssecurity.info/0201.shtml, near bottom of the page it says “Use ; as a separator, - to specify a range, and ! for blocking.”.

21. Phant0m

If IP or port field is empty, it’ll apply to ALL IP or ports, but if you put insert IP/IPs or Port/Ports into the field it’ll only apply to those entered IP/IPs or Port/Ports. ;)

22. killjoy

sry i didnt catch that but ive read through it all now and finnaly got it all setup and understand it. this is what i put under tcp
    80;443;21;!1-20;!22-79;!81-442;!444-6553 , but for some reason whenever i click on the edit button this is what shows up 80;443;;!1-20;!22-79;!81-442;!444-65535 (note port 21 is missing now i alrdy tried entering and hitting ok a few times it just brings it back to that though. Aside from that the rule for tcp i made will only allow ports 80,443,21 correct ? And to block those ports 80,21,443 from making outbound connections you have to go into internet filtering make a rule including kmeleon and set it to outbound dirrection then deny ?

23. Phant0m

You see the attached image above? do as shown but rather with just tcp port 80 you use

21;80;443

Nothing else needs to be added, only ports that are listed aren't going to be blocked.

For UDP port i used !0-65535 because if i leave port field empty it'll apply to all ports and since i don't want to allow even a single udp port i use !0-65535 which will apply to blocking ALL UDP ports... :)

24. killjoy

thanks went ahead and made the change, didnt kno it would block any port not mentioned :)
    sigh but now i tried running Overnet and it wont connect , even made a rule to allow all ports on both tcp and udp but its not connecting looked at my logs and its getting flooded with blocked packets while its trieng to connect, why would it be blocking something when i set it to allow all ports , how would i go about fixing this
    thanks again i know i must be a headache with all these questions by now lol

25. Phant0m

Not known to Overnet p2p, best thing for p2p Software is leave the Port fields alone for TCP, UDP and focus firstly on making proper Internet Filtering rules and afterwards when she works then focus on that there feature...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.