Live Messenger not working

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Dennis87, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis87

Dennis87 Registered Member

Hi
    I have a strange problem here, at home Live messenger is working great, but not at work, if I unistall ESS and reset IE7 settings it works again, but if I install ESS again it's not working:S I have tried to disable the firewall.
    We are not running any proxy server at work, it's a firewall here but non of the 800 student here have that problem.o_O

The problem come after i restart the pc after i have installed ESS.

Im running Windows Vista Buisness, ESS 3.0.566, Messenger 8.5.

2. patokike

patokike Registered Member

I have the exact same problem but on Windows XP and MSN 8.1
    nothing works in configuring ESET Smart Security, not even adding the application in the trust list, I even try disabling the firewall for a while, not even that works. The only thing that works was uninstalling the application and going back to have only the NOD32 installed.

to sum up... not the greatest experience trying Smart Security :'(

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Not having an issue here... Tried both 8.1 (and 8.5 just now).

To the OP, you mentioned school, are you running Deep Freeze and maybe just forgetting to thaw the machine before you make any settings to the firewall within ESS? Especially since you said it does not work after a reboot.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

First of all, try disabling the firewall to see if it makes a difference. Then enable logging all blocked connections in the ESS setup - IDS section, try to log in to MSN and, when fails, check the firewall log for details about the rule blocking the communication for MSN.

5. Dennis87

Dennis87 Registered Member

Was not the firewall, i have tried to disable it, it's the web access protection that cause the problem

Go to setup --> web access protection --> Web Browser and lett det box be blank for messenger

now it works at work to:S

did work for me:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.