Live Messenger ActiveX Missing

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zarzenz, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

I have installed the new MSN Live Messenger on a clean XP OS. It is working very well apart from when I wish to play a game with my contact. It starts to load but then I get a message saying that two ActiveX objects are missing and that I must verify I can install them and then relaunch the game.

So... I checked in the internet zone where I have MSN run from. I did change all the settings as far as I thought was needed to either enable or prompt me for these ActiveX files to be installed... but nothing happens.

I don't know what else I have to do to get the objects to load.

I have installed both Shockwave and Flash players as these were needed to allow the Messenger winks to work... these are now shown as ActiveX objects in the Windows Downloaded Program Files. The winks now work perfectly.

All I need now is to get the games to download what they need to run. I do have these objects installed on a second computer that an older version of Messenger worked fine with games. They seemed to install automatically as far as I can remember on that machine.

Any ideas how to get these objects to load would be most welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.