Live Grid?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by maaster, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maaster

maaster Registered Member

I want to know how ESET live grid works?i.e)whether the ESET engine will utilise the result from live grid to classify applications as malware?If it is marked as risk,will it be quarantined?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's not that easy as evaluating applications just by their reputation would cause an excessive number of false positives. Nonetheless, LiveGrid is definitely subject for further development and improvements.
    ESET's users already benefit from LiveGrid as it substantially contributes to prompt reactions to newly emerging malware variants which ensures that our users are often first who are fully protected against them.

3. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I think it just sends copies of the detected threats found on your pc (and from other pc's online in different parts of the globe using Eset) to their main security data base storage. It makes their virus signature database updated more faster.

4. Stimulator

Stimulator Registered Member

Another usage of Live Grid is to accelerate scan process. ESET scanner will skip file scanning when information from cloud (Live Grid) tells the scanner that the file which is going to be scanned is fine (unmalicious) file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.