List of Trojans / Virii covered by Nod32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by corban, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corban

corban Registered Member

Is there any where I can get a list of Trojans / Virii covered by Nod32?

I received an email today (supposed to be from ups and not to my email address in the to: field) that was labelled in the email header as containing a trojan.agent.98414.

The email was in my inbox with the nod32 signature with a .zip attachment. I saved the file to my desktop without error. I extracted the file (an exe that would look like a .doc if i had hidden known extensions) but still no message from nod32.

I then scanned the file using nod32 and still no error. This is so a trojan but I dont want to execute the .exe to prove nod32 will/will not find it.

I was going to check if the trojan is in the virus definition file to check if my install of nod32 is ok

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

First of all, make sure that you have the most current version of the signature database 5066 installed. For a list of malware added in particular updates, see here. However, the list has almost no meaning as there are millions of other threats detected by heuristics. I'd suggest you do not open the file at all and submit it to ESET per the instructions here instead.

3. corban

corban Registered Member

Thanks for your feedback.

Unluckly(!?!) I deleted the file / email but my worries were two fold.

1) The virus is new and some other user in the company actually runs the .exe (After running NOD32 for 4 years or so this hasnt happened yet so is a small concern)

and

2) MS Vista / "not administrator" / any random MS issue / etc means my NOD32 isnt running as it should and I am open to virus attack.

I will bookmark the links you detailed and use these in future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.