List of supported USB Devices?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Thanquol, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanquol

Thanquol Registered Member

Hi,

we are Using True Image Server 8.0 / 9.1 with external USB-Drives to Backup some of our customers Servers!

We want to be sure, that the Recovery CD's do recognise our USB-Controllers!

Is there any list of supported USB-Controllers / Chipsets?

Thanks,
    Florian

2. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

I don't know of any official list, but there were a couple of threads on this forum, where people mentioned the enclosures that worked. You may want to do a search for those threads.

I have an LC Power USB enclosure with a JMicron JM20337 chipset (IDE/SATA combo). Works fine.

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

I use a AMS VENUS DS-2316B2BK Aluminum 3.5" USB 2.0 Black External Enclosure and like it very much. TrueImage9 sees it in both normal and recovery CD mode. I used/installed one of my old IDE Maxtor 80G and it works well.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817145656

It cost me $36.99 plus shipping. The package includes a usb cable, an external power supply and aluminum enclosure. It has an on/off switch on rear of enclosure Air vents on sides and rear, plus a large fan on the bottom--which is very quiet. A professionally printed user manual plus the CD for drivers (for non xp users) and ample install instructions. Tech support offered by AMS. All in all, I have been very pleased.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2006
  4. Thanquol

Thanquol Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for your answers!
    I'm not looking for the external USB Devices!

I'd like to have an PCI-USB Controller, that works with True Image! If True Image doesn't regognise my internal USB Controllers, i'd like to plug the controller into the Server and recover the Server.

My boss isn't amused of the "Trial and Error method".

So i should look for an list like:
    Supported: Intel I845, Intel....
    or: alle Devices in Linux Kernel x.y are supported...

You know what i mean?

Thanks,
    florian

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Florian,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that the list of supported USB Controllers (devices) is not available at this moment. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

When Acronis True Image is running under Windows, it works with all the hard disk drivers detected by the operating system. If Acronis True Image is running in rescue mode (e.g. to restore the system partition), then it provides support for common modern hardware . Should you experience a problem with your controller when accessing from rescue mode, please provide us with the exact vendor and model of the controller you use and we will help you to solve the problem.

Some controllers (devices) may be supported as well (the ones that have not been tested yet) and the others will be supported with the future updates.

We recommend you to download and install Acronis True Image trial version(s) in order to make sure that the program works on your hardware.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.