List of Good Anonymous Email Services

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by DesuMaiden, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

I hate using Gmail and Hotmail. It requires cell phone verification for sign up. I am sure as hell not giving them personal info. I need an anonymous email service that does not require personal info for sign up. Got any?

I should have made this thread many months ago. Could have saved myself alot of trouble. :D

2. NotRight

NotRight Registered Member

I was also about to post this very question. I don't mean to barge in your thread, but I am also looking for a secure, reliable e-mail alternative to Gmail.

Regards,
    NotRight

3. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

I can only comment on what I have knowledge on...that doesn't mean the other ones posted here aren't as good.

1. Apply to Riseup!.net. If you get accepted, they are free and proven to fight for your privacy in court. If accepted, donate.

2. Countermail. Buckle down, don't buy Latte's for a month, and pay the $60 per year. I'm just a customer, I get nothing out of this - but the service offers so much. I think it breaks down to something like .05 cents per day. The only downside (sort of) is that Bitcoin isn't on line yet, and I don't think they take cash (and now Liberty reserve is gone). The method I used was their #3 suggestion: use your alias to purchase, then delete the alias. After 14 days, there is no link to you, other than an "Email Service" charge on your credit card...but even if asked, CM can't tell what account that paid for.

3. If you never, ever communicate anything that can give away who you are...or always use PGP, then Tormail. But those two caveats are rare, and we really don't know who is running it. But it is useful for some stuff, so having an account there, is worth it.

PD

4. NotRight

NotRight Registered Member

Riseup it is! Thank you!!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  5. JackmanG

JackmanG Former Poster

Didn't you basically say this exact same thing in the OP of a thread you created not 5 days ago?

6. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I would also recommend Riseup (emphasis mine).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.