Linux version of Rescuedisk?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by mbathen, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbathen

mbathen Registered Member

Please, how can I see what Linux version is used?
    German computer magazin c't writes an outmoded version is used, which can not handel ext3 always correctly. On newer computers rescuedisk wouldn't boot. Is this correct? My version is Build: #2161 german dated: 14. März 2007

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Manfred:

Boot your PC from the rescue disk. When the first graphical screen appears, hit F11. Remove the word "Quiet" from the Linux kernel command line. Now start the full-mode (Linux) version of Disk Director. You will see all of the text from the boot process, which will stop at a busybox command prompt. From there do this:
    Code:
    cd proc
    cat version
    My US English build 2160 of DD 10 is using the 2.4.32-acronis#1 SMP Linux kernel.

Your comment about ext3 may be that the version of the file system used does not support inode-256, which is being used by more and more Linux distros. Acronis has updated the Linux version used with True Image 2009 to support inode-256, but have not yet updated Disk Director. A new version is supposedly due out soon (probably in the fall when they usually release new software). A non-booting rescue disk may be because the Linux kernel in use is about 2 yrs old and does not support recent hardware. The "Safe" mode build of DD should work with most PCs, however.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  3. mbathen

mbathen Registered Member

Mark:

Thanks for the informative and useful reply.
    My #2161 german reads 2.4.34-acronis#1 SMP MAR5 MSK 2007.
    But for now, I hope to see an updated actual Disk Director.
    btw, i changed my True Image Home 2009 to Norton Ghost 14, but i came back to Trueimage ruefully.
    Have a nice day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.