Linux Now Has "Double" the Market Share of Windows

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Dogbiscuit, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x942

x942 Guest

I don't want to take sides in this debate but it does seem from what I've played with android while it is certainly running the Linux Kernel and you can run (if desired) GNU libraries etc. using chroot methods or cross compiling them (I am sure you could do so if desired and rooted). With that said I am thinking that calling Android linux would be like calling Mac OS X BSD/Unix. While it may run said kernel it is heavily modified just as the linux kernel is heavily modifed in Android.

Although I doubt it matters as most Statistics are useless anyways. Who cares what OS is doing better? Just use what you prefer and move along. I never got the point of preaching who's OS is better. They all do the same thing in the end. Just use different ways of getting to the finish line.

What I would like to see is someone show what I can do on one system that I can NOT do one any other OS. I don't think there is anything these days that is centric to one OS and can't be done anywhere else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.