Linux multimedia - rip & create DVDs

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

2. tlu

tlu Guest

Mrk,

very good as always.

Only one question remains: Do you ever sleep? :D

3. FluxGFX

FluxGFX Registered Member

My assumption to this point is....

Possibly Mrk is retired but active in the IT field? or am I just shooting my mouth?

4. Mrkvonic

I'm only 31. But I don't have kids (nor plan any), so I have free time. And I also play basketball, go for trips and hikes with my wife, read books, watch movies, everything. I just don't waste time. Every second is preciously taken full advantage of. When it comes to efficiency, I'm running kind of arch-gentoo kernel inside me :)

Oh, I sleep 8 hours every night! Very important for good productive day. Also 3 pieces of fruit, 2 bowls of salad with olive oil, 4 liters or water at the minimum, and at least 4-5 km of walking activity daily! I, robot.

Oh, I'm very, VERY fast! Honestly. I can write 7-8 articles over one weekend. I have more than 50 articles waiting, that's almost 3 months pipe with 4 updates a week ... :) Some of the stuff I'm updating now has been written in January and February.

Flux, I work in the IT field ... hacking the kernel ...

Cheers,
    Mrk

5. tlu

tlu Guest

Mrk, you're amazing. I still think you live in a time zone where a day has more than 24 hours.:)

6. FluxGFX

FluxGFX Registered Member

Well sounds to be like you've got that pat down.

ok So I have 5yrs to catchup to ya. I think I can manage that.

Cheers.

7. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

I decided to create a Wordpress blog so that I can post some Linux tutorials and reviews from time to time. Mrk's DVD ripping tutorial inspired me to write one for the best DVD ripping software on Linux -- K9Copy.

You can find it here.

8. Mrkvonic

Nicely done. Well laid out, quite thorough.
    Cheers,
    Mrk

9. Arup

Arup Guest

Another excellent tool for ripping and converting with among the best interface is Handbrake, it makes converting so easy for novices but has all the features for advanced users. Win FF is another good one, one of the few programs that can use all my eight cores during encoding.

10. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

hello chronomatic
    http://bytesoflinux.wordpress.com/
    Looks very good
    Another resource for me to leech onto :)

Took you what: 3 days to set up ??
    How about a tutorial on how to do that !!
    Then I could unleash the www's most unread page !! :D

11. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

:D I wouldn't say that it is a resource, yet. It's just a side project I have been meaning to do for a while. Actually, I used to have a blog where I paid for hosting, but I decided to close it down a while back because the number of hits wasn't worth the money I paid. I had a lot of Linux articles (and stuff not related to Linux such as my musings on science) posted on it. Perhaps I will revive some of those articles.

Nah. Setting up a blog is super easy and fast nowadays. It took me about 10 minutes to set it up and about 45 minutes to write the tutorial on K9Copy.

12. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Thnks Mrk, Chrono - splendid two touch, "one-2-one" dl DVD copies aboard K9. Practically identical in both menu retention and playback.
    Burn: growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/mydev -dvd-video -V "VIDEO_TITLE_IN_CAPS" dir housing AUDIO and VIDEO_TS folders

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.