Linux Kernel Not Loaded?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cheezz, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheezz

cheezz Registered Member

Installed ATI8.0 on a MCE2005 system with 320GB SATA drive (160x2) RAID 0 preconfigured computer. ATI creates an image alright but when I try to restore the image it gives me the "Linux kernel not loaded" in a black screen. I have windows XP MCE OS. Anyone having problems like this? TIA

2. Frank V

Frank V Guest

Yes! I have the exact same problem!
    I have the image on an external hard drive in a secure zone.
    If I try to restore from Windows, I get an error message stating that the
    drive I want to restore to is being used (ie the C drive). This is the whole point of making an image, ie I want to be able to recover my C drive if anything goes wrong. I have a 400 gb RAID 0 drive also. When I reboot to stare the restore process after finding out I cant restore from Windows, I get the same message of not being able to load the Linus kernal.
    I have emailed Acronis support, and am waiting for a response.
    Does any one here have a solution?
    Thanks
    Frank V

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cheezz and Frank,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Restore Software.

Please try the following workaround:

Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc (the full version) and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the word "quiet" and click on the OK button. After that please wait while the output stops and put it down or use digital camera to take photos of it. Please send this info to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. This will allow us to investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. cwatson

cwatson Guest

Where is the answer to this question? I get the same error, tried the same thing, and I get NO OUTPUT after removing the word 'quiet' then clicking the ok button. Just goes back to the same error.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cwatson,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest (903) build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/my/products/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download. After that please create new Acronis Bootable CD and try using it.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.