Linux installation, NOD32 + Likewise-Open 6 = bash segmentation fault

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by pylanglois, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pylanglois

pylanglois Registered Member

Hi,

I love nod32 and i'm really happy of its availability on linux. I have a problem when I try to install nod32 on a ubuntu 10.10 64 bits with Likewise-open.

When I login with a local user (in passwd) everything works perfectly. When I login with a user from the ActiveDirectory through Likewise, the gnome desktop opens without problem but when I try to open the gnome-terminal, it closes instantly. Running the command "gnome-terminal -x /bin/sh" works. From there if I try to run bash, it tells "segmentation fault".

I have installed nod32 with and without the option "all user can change nod32 settings" with no effect on the issue...

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks!

2. pylanglois

Strange behavior... and a workaround...

When I login with DOMAIN\user1, the terminal (bash) does not work.

When I login with a local user, I'm able to start a terminal. From there, when I do a su MYDOMAIN\user1, I'm able to get a bash that works. From there, when I return to my session DOMAIN\user1, the terminal works (even after a reboot).

Is there a better way to fix that bug? Anyone knows what a "su DOMAIN\user1" triggers that could fix the problem?

Thanks!

3. DrewD

DrewD Eset Staff Account

Look into adding exclusions within the ESET antivirus product, for any Likewise components, and also other files, that Likewise Open may edit or modify.

Also take a look at the following information available within the Likewise Open Documentation:

When logging on from the command line, you must escape the slash character with a slash character, making the logon form DOMAIN\\username. Example: likewisedemo.com\\hoenstiv.

Perhaps also try contacting Likewise Open support to see if they have come across this issue previously.

4. pylanglois

Thanks for your help. I love NOD32 and I am really happy to see a linux version of it.

Another problem raise this morning. I can't connect to my virtual machine anymore. libvirt is not able to connect to the qemu:///system anymore :(

When I uninstall nod32, all issues disappear and the system is stable again. So it's not a problem from likewise or libvirt. Maybe nod32 is a little bit too restrictive in my context.

For now, it would be perfect for home use, but I can't use it at work.

Keep going! I love NOD32 on linux! :D

NOTE: I can log with likewise without problem.. the \\ slash issue is not a problem in my case because I know when it is needed and when is it not. I have used likewise for more than 1 year now and it is another great product!

5. sbrown95

sbrown95 Registered Member

Same problem here with CentOS 6.0, ESET NOD32 4.0, and KVM. After installation of NOD32, Virtual Machine Manager opens with:

"Unable to open a connection to the libvirt management daemon.
    Libvirt URI is: qemu:///system
    Verify that:
    - The 'Libvirtd' daemon has been started.

I am unable to run or connect to virtual machines. After uninstalling NOD32, it works again.

Anyone out there find a solution to this yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.