Linux HFS/NTFS driver 9.4: Can't rename folder with ":" in its name

Discussion in 'Paragon File System Drivers' started by Jim C, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Jim C

Jim C Registered Member

Just purchased the Linux 9.4 NTFS/HFS driver. Installed it without any issues; but was unable to rename a folder that had ":" in its name.

I can create (mkdir) and delete (rmdir) folders with ":" in their names, and I can rename files with ":" in their names.

I'm running Debian 7.1

2. Jim C

Jim C Registered Member

I've tried renaming the folders using the CLI and GUI. The CLI gives the following error:

"mv: cannot move `SAVOY:CLARIDGES' to `SAVOY_CLARIDGES': No such file or directory"

and the GUI announces:

"The item could not be renamed.

There is no "SAVOY:CLARIDGES" in this folder. Perhaps it was just moved or deleted?"

3. mrbumpy409

mrbumpy409 Registered Member

I actually can't seem to rename any folders from the command line. If I cd to the root of my NTFS drive and type the following commands:

mkdir test
    mv test test1

...it tells me:

mv: cannot move ‘test’ to ‘test1’: No such file or directory

This only happens on my NTFS drives using the Paragon driver. I rename folders through my file manager (Dolphin) just fine as long as the folder doesn't contain any files, but if the folder does contain files, Dolphin will throw an error saying it can't rename the folder. The only workaround I've found so far is to create a new folder, move the contents to the new folder, then delete the old folder. I don't remember this happening with the earlier version of the driver.

This is with the HFS/NTFS driver 9.4 running on Kubuntu 14.04 64-bit w/ KDE SC 4.14.13 and the 4.2.0-41-lowlatency kernel.

4. mrbumpy409

5. mrbumpy409

Paragon fixed the issue I reported above in version 9.4.3 of their driver. They sent me the link via support but said it might be a little bit before it hits the website. So if it's not up yet, you may wish to contact Paragon support for a download link. I would expect that it probably fixes your issue as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.