Linux help

Discussion in 'hardware' started by jo3blac1, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jo3blac1

jo3blac1 Registered Member

Is there any linux version that supports hardware accerelation of lenovo trackpoing. Note not trackpad and not simple support. I need software acceleration, otherwise the trackpoint is so slow it is unusable.

2. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

Not sure what you mean by software/hardware acceleration ?

I've used Ubuntu for years and never had a problem with the stick on my Lenovo,

Cheers, Nick

3. jo3blac1

I did. Ubuntu trackpoint is about 10x slower than Windows trackpoint. The reason is that lenovo gives official trackpoint software that accelerates movement 10x times. If you for example reinstall windows and use default windows driver, the trackpoint will be also 10x slower. So I am looking for linux version that out of the box support trackpoint with a software acceleration giving me 10x increase speed just like I do get it in windows with lenovo drivers.

4. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

5. jo3blac1

Ughhhhh, now that's what turns me off from linux. But good to know it is at least doable. After I can get that done then going all linux shouldn't be a problem. I am gonna try this on my 11 year old thinkpad, try to work with linux for awhile. See if all my application needs are met and how and if I like the change from Windows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.