Linux Context Menu integration and documentation

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by ThomasAdams, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomasAdams

ThomasAdams Registered Member

Hello,

The documentation on this is a little thin, I have installed The latest Beta, updated the Virus definitions, set some initial custom settings, etc.

The context menu works(shows up) only if I am using the command gksudo/sudo nautilus. Or logged in as root. However I am unable to obtain the context menu as a non-root user. If I use gksudo, the scan file does not work (I believe this is due to inherent differences between using gksudo vs sudo).

I tried also setting in the options "[myusername]" as a privileged user. This does not work either.

My goal is to allow non-rooted users the access to the context menu scanning. Is this possible?

I have been working with the AV and context menu commands on my system, using sudo nautilus, and I am getting some inconsistent behavior. More testing is needed, I will take some notes during testing.

Thank you,
    Tom

PS I believe this is the wrong forum, and this should be in the "Other Products" forum? I am not sure....

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  2. timid

timid Registered Member

Hi,

what distribution are you using?

Can you post here your uname -a output?

did you install the beta as a user or as root?

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Developers have been notified. Thank you for your report.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.