Linux Context Menu integration and documentation

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by ThomasAdams, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomasAdams

ThomasAdams Registered Member

Hello,

The documentation on this is a little thin, I have installed The latest Beta, updated the Virus definitions, set some initial custom settings, etc.

The context menu works(shows up) only if I am using the command gksudo/sudo nautilus. Or logged in as root. However I am unable to obtain the context menu as a non-root user. If I use gksudo, the scan file does not work (I believe this is due to inherent differences between using gksudo vs sudo).

I tried also setting in the options "[myusername]" as a privileged user. This does not work either.

My goal is to allow non-rooted users the access to the context menu scanning. Is this possible?

I have been working with the AV and context menu commands on my system, using sudo nautilus, and I am getting some inconsistent behavior. More testing is needed, I will take some notes during testing.

Thank you,
    Tom

PS I believe this is the wrong forum, and this should be in the "Other Products" forum? I am not sure....

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  2. timid

timid Registered Member

Hi,

what distribution are you using?

Can you post here your uname -a output?

did you install the beta as a user or as root?

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Developers have been notified. Thank you for your report.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.