Linux beta testing

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by The PIT, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The PIT

The PIT Registered Member

I'm just wondering why there's a beta testing for linux when they just close your ticket down without resolving the issue.
    Installed on Ubuntu 9.10 64 bit an everything was fine until I rebooted and it killed the operating system to the stage that a slug looked like cheetah.
    Raised the issue and was told it was a known bug and a new version would fix it.
    Got an email saying they hadn't heard anything back well they wouldn't as no new version had been released.
    I responded saying the issue isn't resolved and they promptly closed the ticket.
    So what is the point of beta testing when issues are simply closed rather than being resolvedo_O

Ticket # 15112

By the way the only reason why I was testing it was so I could clean infected windows hard drives without worrying about cross infections.

2. epi1to10000

epi1to10000 Registered Member

I had multiple problems w/ the beta and 9.10 x86_64 after I installed the binary nvidia drivers for my 9800GT. The beta is working with 9.04 x86_64 but shutdown and startup are intermittently slow. Oddly my 10.04 alpha seems to run the smoothest but I there currently are no drivers for my ATI 4850 w/ this alpha.

I too was able to clean a few friend's windows drives. It amazes me how people are able to infect there systems while running AV software and how often thes programs are able to compromise there AV software.

Where do we go to get info on providing logs and info for the ESET developers?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The performance issue you experienced will be addressed in a future release of the software.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  5. The PIT

The PIT Registered Member

Well the new version is an improvement. It won't install at all. There's an error and that's it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.