LinkScanner Website Problems

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by GES/POR, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Using the online linkscanner, online email submission and trialversion all dont work. Can i download the Pro version from somewhere else?

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Don't waste your time. The trial version, will no longer work. It has something to do with the transition from Explabs to AVG.

A new version, under the brand AVG, is scheduled to be released next month. It was suppose to be the in March, but, I got in touch with AVG, and seems it will be released April 2.

In the meantime, those wishing to run the full power of LinkScanner Pro, can do it by installing the free version of AVG 8. Just select to install, only, LinkScanner, and disable the antivirus real-time protection.

Regards

3. GES/POR

The full LS Pro version is included in AVG Av Free version?

4. m00nbl00d

Yes, it is.

http://free.avg.com/download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition

LinkScanner Active Surf-Shield
    Protects in real time against poisoned web pages while you're surfing

LinkScanner Search-Shield
    Real-time safety ratings for all search results in Google, Yahoo and MSN/Live search

5. GES/POR

Thats very generous of AVG :eek:

Thanks for all the info d00d :thumb:

6. m00nbl00d

Indeed. Which makes me wonder if, when the new version of LinkScanner Pro comes out, if it will be free?
    I mean, after all, people already can get it for free with AVG 8 free version.

I don't think they will take back such protection from AVG 8 Free, and I don't think, also, people will be buying the stand alone version, when they can get it from AVG 8 Free? Makes sense, no? ;)

Let's wait and see.

7. GES/POR

Thats what i was thinking :D Though i can imagine most ppl wouldnt be aware of that and its still great to have it as standalone option even though it would be paid. If it still is as good as it used to be it would make a worthy adittion to anyone not using any webprotection, for instance i was gonna use it as an extra layer next to f-prot, since it doesnt have a webscanner it wouldnt have any conflict and the extra exploit signatures would be very welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.