LinkScanner Pro oddity.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by m00nbl00d, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I've been a long user of LinkScanner Pro, and I quite satisfied with it, I must say.

Today, while a friend was visiting me, he asked about LinkScanner Pro, after he saw it running in one of my systems.

I adviced him to give it a try, by using the 15 day trial. I even gave him the trial version I had download quite a few time ago.

He arrived home and told me that after installing it and rebooting, that, the nag screen for the 15 day trial appeared (as it should), but after he applied for the 15 day trial, he noticed that, although, at the tray icon says LinkScanner Pro Monitor, when he opens it, it says LinkScanner Lite Console.

It happens everytime he reboots the system. He can't use the trial version, although he does apply for it, everytime.

I gave it a try on a virtual machine, which I knew I could run it, as I did, at the time I tested LinkScanner Pro in it, and it also happened with me.

Does the installation file has some sort of count down, which will kill any chance to use the trial version? I see that, at the official LinkScanner site (not AVG), the version is still the same.

He already tried to uninstall it and clean the registry and left over files. Still happens.

Has this ever happened with anyone else before? I just find it curious that also, in my virtual machines, I no longer am able to run it, when I always could, without any sort of problem.

It won't, also, be possible to update it, as it will say the Pro trial expired.

Regards

2. Monkeym

Monkeym Registered Member

Same problem here. It looks like this problem occurs if you attempt to trial LinkScanner Pro after 1st Jan 2009. Not so good as we are into Feb 2009! I've Emailed support at explabs explaining this.

Current Releases are:-
    LinkScannerProSetup_2_7_2_0120_7.exe
    LinkScannerLiteSetup_2_7_2_0120_6.exe

3. m00nbl00d

I got in touch with Explabs, but since it is now part of AVG, there is no technical support, but, I was told that a new stand alone version, under the brand AVG, will come out next March, which will solve that problem.

Regards

4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Did they mention if current users would get a free update to the AVG branded version or have to wait until renewal of the license o_O

5. Diazruanova

Diazruanova Registered Member

That is not true, on this link you can find support for LinkScanner:

http://www.explabs.com/support/form.asp

XPL Support.jpg

6. m00nbl00d

I didn't ask about it.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.