Limited File Size for File-Archive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Michael in Hamm, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael in Hamm

Michael in Hamm Registered Member

Hello,

I tried to recall AVI-Files from my TI-File-Archiv but failed.
    I followed the assistance for recalling the files from the archive, choosed the archive-file, choosed the date I want to return to, choosed a new position, choosed the files I want to return and finally choosed the archive to be checked before.

After 5 hours the process finished succesfully but nothing returned !
    I checked the recording of process data and found out that TI needed 5 hours for testing the archive file and not a single second to return the data !

The data included AVI-Files from 3 complete DV-Camera-Cassettes. They should have a size of about 12GByte each cassette with files of maybe up to 2 GByte.
    What I furtheron found out that there are two different sources from where I can choose the files I want to return.
    Everything works fine as long as I recall files from path "Lokaler Datenträger E:" (Checked with smaller files).
    But the files I need are in path "Lokaler Datenträger E:\". This one does not work properly.
    Choosing an earlier date from the same archive-file there is only one path "Lokaler Datenträger E:". Everything is fine from here as well, again checked with smaller files.

I counterchecked with smaller files from another archive and everything worked fine.

Did I anything wrong ?
    Is there a limitation on file-size for using acronis ?
    What else might be wrong to keep me away from my former files ?
    Please refer to the log if this might help.

Every help is very much appreciated.
    Thanks a lot
    Michael

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2006
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Michael in Hamm,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that there are no limitations for file size that can be restored from the image archive, you should be able to restore any file/folder from the image.

Could you please clarify where the image archive is stored (local hard drive, external hard drive, CD/DVD discs or another storage device)? Please try to uncheck "Validate backup archive before restoration" in Tools -> Default Backup Options -> Additional settings and see if the issue persists.

Please also try to mount the image a s a virtual drive and copy the needed files. You can find more information on to do this in Chapter 11. "Mounting an image as a virtual drive" in the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide. If your archive spans several CD-R(W) discs, you need to copy all volumes into a single folder on a local or networked hard disk drive to mount the image archive.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  3. Michael in Hamm

Michael in Hamm Registered Member

Hella Aleksandr,

thanks for your response, no problem with the dealy.

In the meantime I deleted the archive and started another one, that is working pretty fine so far.
    However, I can tell you that the archive was on an external HDD, connected via USB 2.0, and the backup was validated before restoration.
    As this was a file-backup, I cannot mount it as a virtual file, or can I ?

Thanks a lot and
    Lot of greetings
    Michael

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Michael,

Excuse me jumping in but I guess Aleksandr is off duty now.

You are correct in that a Files and Folders image cannot be mounted as a virtual drive.

Regards

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Michael in Hamm,

Yes, Menorcaman is right, the file-based backup can not be mounted, only the partition image can be mounted via Acronis True Image. I miss the fact that you use file-based backup, sorry for that.

If I understand you correct with the newly created backup archive you can successfully restore the files/folders from the backup, am I correct.

Please also note that the new build (3694) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home (German version) is released and you can download it in the "Product Updates" section of your account.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.