Limit on number of Rules

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by daniel952, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daniel952

daniel952 Registered Member

There seems to be a limit on the number of rules that I can create in LooknStop. That limit appears to be 200. I have read in the past that the number of rules would be increased, so I must have missed something.
    I'm using the lastest release of the firewall, and am unable to create new rules. Is there a setting or registry update to increase the number of rules?

Thanks.

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

200 is the limit for application rules. There is no registry setting to change that.
    Usually this is sufficient. Are you saying you are using 200 applications on a regular basis ?
    There is no need to manually create rules, normally you just have to wait for Look 'n' Stop to prompt you when a new application connects.

Frederic

3. daniel952

daniel952 Registered Member

Actually, I'm talking about internet filtering rules. It tells me that I have to delete rules before I can create more. I have approximately 200 rules.

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Ok, in that case the limit is not 200 but 128 rules.

There are some ways to combine rules together.
    The typical case is to use the "Equal Or" criteria instead of two rules with just "Equal".
    Otherwise with the rawrule edition it is possible to combine more similar rules.

Do you have many similar rules ? Is it to block list of IP address ?

Thanks,

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.