LifeLock settles with FTC over 'deceptive' ads

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ronjor, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Article

2. TeXaCo

TeXaCo Registered Member

Ok, I'll admit it. I have been a lifelock member for two years. Now the question is, do I stay with them?

3. Dude111

Dude111 Registered Member

I think it was silly of that guy to spread his SS# all over the place .. (BASICALLY BRAGGING THAT NO ONE COULD DO ANYTHING)

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I always kinda had a feeling there was something not quite right with LifeLock.

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Not with the examples that the FTC provided in regards to securing customer accounts. No protective measures guarding their own systems and no updating critical software? What they basically did was the equivalent of you leaving your own data lying about unprotected on your own system. You've been paying them to do what you could have done for free.

A change in practices or not, their failure to practice even the most basic security shows they can't be trusted, imho. Protecting your data starts at home with you. Never ever leave all the work for an outside party.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Article

7. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

LOL. Thanks for the article link, very amusing (at least when you've not been paying them for such snake-oil services). :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.