Licensing question - Smart Security and using Cybersecurity

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ntparsons, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntparsons

ntparsons Registered Member

I am a home user and have a 3 year single user license for ESET Smart Security for the PC, and now I would like to use the newly released ESET Cybersecurity for Mac on my Macbook Pro.

Regarding licensiing - what's the best/cheapest option to do this?

Do I buy an additional license (upgrade my user count) for Smart Security and will my existing username and password work on Cybersecurity for Mac?

Alternatively do I need to buy another separate license for Cybersecurity for Mac?

What about if I was to then install boot camp on the Mac and wish to install Smart Security on the windows partition ? Am I limited to NOD32 on the windows partition using the Cybersecurity license? (I understand from one of the reviews I read that a Cybersecurity for Mac license includes NOD32 on windows?)

Please could you clarify the licensing options available for existing users - thank you!

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

It is best to check with ESET's sales department for information on your license and what possible upgrades there might be. In the U.S., the sales office can be reached toll free at +1 (877) 343-3738.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. ntparsons

ntparsons Registered Member

Thanks, I also emailed Eset UK Support who suggested I give their sales team a ring.

They were very helpful and said all I needed to do was upgrade my Smart Security license to cover 2 computers, and that my login would work for Cybersecurity on the Mac.

For the other part of my query they passed me on to tech support who said that this additional license would also cover me running either NOD32 antivirus or Smart Security on a windows partition on the Mac accessed with bootcamp. This was because the license covered the computer not the operating system, and I wouldn't be using both at once.

Very fair and reasonable I thought - the upgrade for my 3 year license with 1.5 years left to run cost me only £10 !!

First class service and I shall continue to recommend them....

4. ALookingInView

ALookingInView Registered Member

Nice. Definitely not the norm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.