Licensing of Mail Security for Exchange

Discussion in 'Other ESET Business Products' started by gregd, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregd

gregd Registered Member

I have a couple of questions.

I have current and valid licensing for Eset Mail Security for Exchange and my userid and password are not working to be able to download the 64bit version of the software.

It asks for the userid and password when I try to download and when I enter them, it just pops the logon box back up, like it's not valid.

My second question is regarding licensing. I currently have Exchange 2003 with the 32bit version of Mail Security installed. We're migrating to Exchange 2010 64bit(obviously). Do I have to purchase another Mail Security license simply to migrate or can I have two installs of Mail Security with the one for 2003 to go away shortly?

2. TyeF

TyeF Former Eset Moderator

Hello,

Regarding your ESET Mail Security username/password issue, you can
    use the same username/password to download either the 32-bit or 64-bit version. For username/password assistance, review the following:

My username or password is not working
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2388
    If you need further assistance, please contact your ESET reseller for assistance.

Regarding license migration, you can only use one license per client. Please see the following:

How do I transfer my ESET security product license to a new computer?
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2213

3. gregd

gregd Registered Member

Well thank you for the links.

The "transfer" seems to make the assumption that you aren't using it on the other computer. However, our migration will take us a few days, thus we'd need to run Mail Server on both boxes. If I install Mail Server security on the Exchange 2010 box, do I get a 30 day trial that would at least cover the migration period?

4. Berserker

Berserker Registered Member

That KB link seems to refer to the NOD32 client and not the Mail Security module. I ran into a similar issue when transitioning between mail servers as well. I spoke to my ESET rep and he stated that since Mail Security is licensed per mailbox count, it should not matter how many mail servers you have it installed on as long as it is for the same mailboxes and same amount of mailboxes that your license is applied to.

So if you're transitioning between mail servers, you'll probably have some mailboxes on the old and some on the new, so you could install EMSX on both servers simultaneously. Similarly, if you decide to run a DAG setup and have mailboxes spread out over multiple Exchange mailbox servers, you could install EMSX on all your mailbox servers. As long as the mailbox count total is the same or less than the value on your EMSX license.

5. gregd

gregd Registered Member

Well thanks for the additional info Berserker. It's an answer that I couldn't get from here in their official forums, nor off their website. Tye seems to counter what you're saying however.

My userid and password continued to NOT work even after following Tye's link. I had to contact my reseller, who then had to contact ESET and miraculously, that same userid and password now works, after ESET said they tried it and it works...

Having said that, I will be looking to replace eset when my licensing expires due to what I perceive to be a "lack of support" and draconian licensing scheme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.