licensing for small gov agency

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by vvcamarovv, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vvcamarovv

    vvcamarovv Registered Member

    Apr 15, 2009
    I thought this was freeware but I understand it is only education and personal use - small government counts as business then? I've got about 15 machines I'm over and am looking for a freeware to combat spyware since the budget will be tight for the next few years with this depression. Any suggestions for a true free spyware solution?
  2. Biscuit

    Biscuit Registered Member

    May 26, 2006
    Isle of Man
    You will need to look elsewhere. Spyware Blaster will not help you much & it's licensing model is immature (no gov agencies & charities!). You can protect your systems better by instructing your users to surf the net using Firefox rather than IE.

    You can use Nod32 for your network & you will be able to get a 50% discount for a government non-profit organisation. For anti-spyware look at Malwarebytes which has an email contact for not for profit organisation licensing.
  3. javacool

    javacool BrightFort Moderator

    Feb 10, 2002

    With respect, the information Biscuit provided is not correct.

    If you fit into one of the following categories, you can use SpywareBlaster for free:
    • Individuals (for personal and educational use)
    • Public libraries
    • Registered charities
    • Elementary or secondary schools
    • Degree-granting undergraduate and post-graduate community colleges, colleges, and universities
    In your particular case, vvcamarovv, please send an e-mail to - I believe we have a solution for you. :)

    Best regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.